Concerts, Dances and Performing Arts at the Odeum Expo Center
Be captivated by all that the Odeum Expo Center has to offer you. Its bare bones allow you to transform it into your own masterpiece. The Odeum is an incredibly unique and versatile venue that can accommodate special events, corporate parties, rock concerts, dance competitions, and so much more.
Since its opening in 1981, the Odeum has proudly served as a venue of live performances for concert-goers of all ages in the Chicagoland area. We’ve hosted some of the world’s greatest acts, like Kenny Rogers, KISS, Barry Manilow, and the Beach Boys, along with an eclectic assortment of musicians such as Rob Zombie, Plain White T’s, Jars of Clay, Nelly, and the Glenn Miller Orchestra. We have even been used as a rehearsal hall for musicians Robert Plant, and Billy Corgan and The Smashing Pumpkins (twice)!
The Odeum isn’t reserved just for rock stars, however. It can be rented for private parties, holiday soirees, benefits, and special events. From not-for-profit galas to sponsored events, the Odeum Expo Center is able to accommodate a wide variety of rental needs.
Depending on your production requirements, the Odeum Expo Center’s South Hall Arena can host a crowd of 500 to 5,000 people. With 1,400 tiered seating and 2,600 folding chairs on the floor…plus room to add 1000 more in bleacher seating in the Upper Mezzanine, you can have the Odeum rocking with your musical event!
Located just on the edge of Chicago in Villa Park, Illinois, this inimitable building presents you with the venue of your dreams. Not only is the space a wonderful choice for the most intimate of gatherings, but it can also accommodate parties up to 5000 guests and has many attractive qualities on which to build your perfect live performance event:
- 130,000 square feet of versatile indoor space
- Multiple room configurations for Meet & Greets, Green Rooms, Catering, Staff Offices & more
- Easy load-in doors for production
- 14-acre parking lot with room for 2000 cars
- Competitive, non-union, rates
Other amenities offered by the Odeum Expo Center includes pipe and drape, tables, chairs, linens, catering, hospitality rooms, drayage, security, electric, rigging, and so much more.
FLOOR PLANS (Click to view)
- Main Floor
- Upper Mezzanine
- Banquet Room
- Portable Wenger performance stage (4’x8’ modules) painted flat black
- Maximum size: 40’ wide x 60’ deep, 4’-7’ high, with P.A. wings 12’x16’
- Covering is available
- Aluminum ramp available 15’x4’
- Four sets of steps with hand rails
- Stage skirt – black or navy blue
- Normal stage location for maximum capacity: East wall in South Hall
- Stage location for more intimate capacity: North center of South Hall
- Steel beamed ceiling structure easily conducive to all types of rigging
- Main trusses at 22’ center to center
- Ceiling clearance: 26’ lowest point, 50’ highest point, pitched roof
SOUND, LIGHTING & ELECTRICAL
- Total amperes available: 3,000 + 3 phase
- Distance from power terminal to rear of stage is less than 100’
- High intensity LED house lights
- In-house electrician
- High-speed internet capabilities for streaming
- Lighting & Sound Packages available upon request. Due to sound and light technology constantly changing, the Odeum does not have in-house concert sound or lights and are separate services.
- Direct drive access onto show floor from parking
- 14’ wide x 14’ high drive-in overhead door
- Six additional 6’ wide doors
- Concrete floors: 400 PSI
- Production parking within 50’ of South Hall east wall stage
- Nine dressing rooms are available within 100’ of stage with restroom and shower facilities
- Catered food and beverage available exclusively through MG Concessions
- Furniture package options available
- Four indoor windows, two outdoor windows
- No contracted ticket agency allows you to use whomever you wish
- Ticket sellers / Ticket takers available upon request
- Security, ushers, stage hands, and other labor can be made available through the Odeum as requested
- Right to work facility
- Concessions, catering, food and beverage
With the building’s one-of-a-kind architecture and our friendly staff, your experience at the Odeum will surely be unforgettable. Whether you are hosting a rock concert, a dance competition, an important corporate function, a spectacular gala dinner, or a stunning private party, our dedicated and experienced events team will work with you to create celebrations that are unique as the Odeum itself. Contact us today to get started planning your event.
Then, sit back and relax, because with the Odeum Expo Center, “You Can Set the Date and Leave the Rest to Us!”